Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wait, I'm not sure if I'm ready or not, despite what Ms. Robinson thinks...




Let me make a list of all the great qualities of this video: Cool choreography my mum would approve of, uplifting and inspirational, educational, makes me think "Wow, how can I be more like Ms. Robinson when I become a teacher?", I learned my 9 times tables, all original materials (ex. music was not stolen), and as far as I can tell no copyright infringement occurred (but feel free to correct me, I'm not sure about the graphics in the middle...).








This one is a little bit easier to determine copyright infringements. First of all, you'll notice the music... I'm not a movie buff, but I asked my sister and she told me its from Pirates of the Caribbean. Under the fair use rule the video might be safe if the music was under three minutes, but it is much longer than that, so its busted! Second, if you'll notice the pictures. They come from unknown sources with no citation or credit to the owners. Also many pictures are from movies that I'm sure were pirated. The last major infringement I found were the movie clips. Now, they might be safe because they are under 30 seconds. Actually no, they're not--I just went through it again and timed the movie segments. Way over 30 seconds and fair use. (I'm also wondering if it infringes because it is more of an opinion video than to education a classroom or students...(

Parts that are good: the creator's own ideas and words on the video. I think those are fine and are obviously not stolen... She also appropriately cites Thomas Jefferson's quote, which is an honesty point for her.

Done for now.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed both clips too! Yeah it is unfortunate how much we take for credit and do not cite.

    ReplyDelete