Thursday, February 25, 2010

ATTACK!!

I feel very vulnerable to internet scams, criminals, and frauds whenever I read articles that alert me to the world-wide problem. I understand the risks, but it still scares me to think that I may be unprotected, especially when I know that "they" know more about computers than myself. But I did learn a little bit more today about keeping my computer and internet secure:
1. Choose a password that has nothing to do with important dates, numbers, or addresses.
2. The password should include a randomized selection of numbers, letters, and symbols.
3. Do not keep the same password for every account.
4. Anti-virus programs can detect spyware that is annoying and disturbing the flow of the computer.
5. If you recognize that you've been a victim of fraud, you can report it to the Federal Trade Commission, at ftc.gov.
6. If you get deceptive spam, including email phishing (when people try to steal your information) forward it to spam@uce.gov.

http://www.allspammedup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/phishing-2.jpg

I now have to go change all my passwords...

No comments:

Post a Comment